2-2-21-point-1

Monday, November 20, 2006

Well --- if Sonia said so......

A Quote From Sonia :
"Don't give up lady!!! And you're not canning the half-marathon! I'm gonna be there with my newfie and we're all gonna run like a happy family!! lolAnd yes, it's hard for everybody... this weather is just so so GROSS!!! I wish I could stay in drinking a hot latte and watching tv under a blanket all day... unfortunately life goes on... there are races to race and we will do it!! Get use to it!!... ... ... I don't want to come out too harsh... just a gentle kick in the butt :P "


So. It's been said. Me, Sonia, her newfie, Kayla (and Andrew?) and possibly a handful of people from the half-marathon clinic I may just quit --- will be running the Chilly Half like a big, giant, happy family. And then we will all eat bananas and chilli after. Sonia kicked my ass into recommitting to it!

Seriously, I read this comment this morning and it made me laugh... but it also motivated me not to give up just yet. We'll see -- I need to rethink the running clinic thing. It's good because it gets me out there, bad because it means there's a constant pressure to keep up with a competitive group. That and last Wednesday's run re-aggrevated my old hip injury..... so I don't want to keep doing it if I'm just going to get hurt.

But yes ---- not giving up yet! Though I'll probably need Sonia to kick my ass 4-5 more times before the actual race :P

3 Comments:

  • Nice post!! I'm glad I helped you in re-committing... that was my goal!!! =)

    I give free advices on love life and kick in the butts have a 1$ fee, anytime, call me!!! :P

    By Blogger Sonia, at 6:27 PM  

  • Hahaha -- you just give free Love advice because you like the gossip! :P

    I'll pay you your $5 at the Chilly Half!

    By Blogger Amanda, at 6:58 PM  

  • hey!

    Join the online RR group. You can just catch up and you are already doing the same milege. Zero pressure involved which is fantastic! I agree with you... running in the winter BLOWS. I didn't go last night for my easy 4k because it was stupid cold. So instead I'm now running Wed, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sun. Stupid I know...and I took my rest day today. Drew is away so I can't hit up the gym until Friday night. So outdoor running here I come!

    Btw- Drew will not be running the half marathon! Its just me :)

    By Blogger Fit Bitch, at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home