2-2-21-point-1

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Slowly and surely....

BLAH BLAH BLAH!


It's always the same process after a race, a little bit of melancholy. A few pounds of regained weight. A little bit of consideration if I'll never run again... Nonetheless, trying to get back into it's tough.

Here are my goals for the next 4-6 months:
1: A sub 30 minute 5k training run. (I think I'm out of races this season anyways...) I'd like this BEFORE the snow flies, my current 5k time is approx. 32-34 minutes.

2. A sub 60 minute 10k. This one's not entirely unattainable considering my PB for a 10k is 66 minutes -- but it means I DO need to make an effort to make it happen.

3. Get into the habit of running 3-7km 3 times a week (1 night can be subbed for another activity like Tennis)

4. Do a 12km or longer run once a week.

5. Learn to run at least 4km at a steady run pace.

That's it.

In terms of races here's on my (tentative) schedule for the 2007 season:

March 4 -- Chilly Half Marathon, Burlington
March 28 (?) -- Around the Bay 30k Race, Hamilton
April 22 -- Montreal Half Marathon, Montreal (VERY tentative -- this is a "wish" race)
May 6 -- Sporting Life 10k, Toronto
May 27 -- Ottawa Race weekend (either Half or Full marathon -- depending on what kind of shape I'm in)
July 1 -- HBC Run for Canada 10k, Toronto (another tentative one... depends on what's happening in the summer...)
September 30 -- Scotia Waterfront Marathon - half-marathon (or Full, depending again... on weather...)
October 14 -- Toronto Marathon, either the half or the full this year!


Ideally I'm aiming for at least 2 Half-Marathon's and one Full for the 2007 year. I'd like to beat my time for last year's Sporting Life 10k, but really --- we never really now how it'll all work when it comes to running!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home