2-2-21-point-1

Sunday, November 19, 2006

BAH!

Officially the first REALLY bad run I've had in a LONG time.

I went out with the intention of doing an easy 10k. It's 1 degree celcius outside, but I was dressed to run in it.

The first 4km weren't so bad, but I was moving pretty slow --- but things quickly went downhill from there. By the end I was walking, cold, and ended up getting on the bus to come home.

I keep telling myself it was just a bad run, and they happen --- but my motivation is lagging some. I can't imagine feeling fantastic running outside in the dead of January.

I have ALOT of cross-training scheduled for this winter - tennis, ballet, not to mention gym work. After today's bad run I'm honestly thinking of canning the Chilly Half and training indoors all winter where I'll be warm and happy.

I miss those Spring mornings when I would wake up at 6:30 am totally psyched to get down to the Lake and be in the sunshine....... why can't all running be like that?

2 Comments:

  • Don't give up lady!!! And you're not canning the half-marathon! I'm gonna be there with my newfie and we're all gonna run like a happy family!! lol

    And yes, it's hard for everybody... this weather is just so so GROSS!!! I wish I could stay in drinking a hot latte and watching tv under a blanket all day... unfortunately life goes on... there are races to race and we will do it!! Get use to it!!

    By Blogger Sonia, at 12:41 PM  

  • I don't want to come out too harsh... just a gentle kick in the butt :P

    By Blogger Sonia, at 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home